Job Vacancies

Working at Benenden

At Benenden we employ over 300 staff in in both teaching and non-teaching staff roles.

Benenden is located in a beautiful part of the Kent countryside, between Tenterden and Cranbrook and the rural school campus is a very special place to work. Working here is rewarding and meaningful and whatever your job, you are encouraged to get fully involved with the life of the School.

As a teacher here you'll enjoy teaching motivated, intelligent girls who want to learn and you'll have access to great facilities to support teaching and learning.

Non-teaching roles at Benenden are diverse. Whatever your role, you'll benefit from a being part of a large team with opportunities for professional development. 

We offer a wonderful working environment, generous terms and conditions of employment, career development opportunities and the chance to work as part of a committed and busy team. Our current vacancies are listed below. and we look forward to receiving your application.

BENEFITS

We are genuinely committed to our staff and endeavour to offer a range of benefits that people will value and enjoy. These include:

·         a contributory pension scheme;

·         free membership of our sports facilities for you and for your family;

·         active staff social committee

·         training and development opportunities.

Recruitment Policy

Benenden School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and all staff are tasked with sharing this responsibility. The School has therefore adopted recruitment and selection procedures which help to deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. 

The document below outlines the safer recruitment process which must be adhered to in the appointment of any new member of staff. The process seeks to strengthen the safeguards which protect the pupils of the School by considering the safeguarding and promotion of welfare at all stages of the appointment process. It starts with the planning of recruitment and requires a consistent and thorough process of obtaining, collating, analysing and evaluating information from and about applicants.

The measures described above do not end on appointment but are part of a continuing process of awareness of the safeguarding and promotion of welfare throughout the School. All members of staff are briefed regularly on the Schools Safeguarding (Child Protection) Policy and they should report all concerns at any time to the School's Child Protection Officers. 

Application and Recruitment Process

Equality Policy

Safeguarding Policy

Current Vacancies

• Lunchtime Catering Assistants

Monday to Friday, 12.00pm to 3.00pm, term time plus three weeks in the summer holidays. Reporting to the Catering Supervisor and working as part of a team, you will be responsible for serving student lunches, clearing away and cleaning the dining room. Salary £6.75/hour.

We are looking for friendly, hard-working people with a ‘can’ do attitude.

For more information and to apply, please download the application pack below.  Completed applications to Mrs J Card, Head of HR & Compliance, Benenden School, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 4AA by Friday 10 October (9.00am).

The post-holder will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children with whom he/she comes into contact.  He/She must ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times.  This appointment will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks.

Job Description                Application Letter                    Application Form               Explanatory Notes

• Weekend Hospitality Staff (Term Time)

You may be working in the Student Dining Room or at our Hospitality events. Flexibility of hours and the ability to work Saturdays and Sundays is required. An enhanced rate of pay is payable for weekend working.  We are looking for friendly, hard-working people with a ‘can’ do attitude.

For more information and to apply, please download the application pack below.  Completed applications to Mrs J Card, Head of HR & Compliance, Benenden School, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 4AA by Friday 10 October (9.00am).

Job Description                Application Letter                Application Form                   Explanatory Notes

• Head of Academic Support/SENCO - For January or April 2015

We are looking to appoint a qualified teacher with an appropriate qualification in SEN to lead and manage our Academic Support Department.  The ability to conduct screening assessments for Access Arrangements will be an advantage.

Benenden offers its own pay structure, responsibility allowances and benefits. 

For more information and to apply, please download the application pack below.  Completed applications to Mrs J Card, Head of HR & Compliance, Benenden School, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 4AA by Friday 10 October (9.00am). Interviews will be held week commencing 13 October.

Job Description               Application Letter                 Application Form              Explanatory Notes

• School Duty Nurse (Part Time)

We are increasing our Medical Centre nursing team and require two flexible part-time Duty Nurses from November 2014 to support the needs of 550 students. 

Applicants should be qualified Registered Nurses, who have good nursing and administrative skills, along with the ability to be enthusiastic team members and empathetic to teenage needs.  The successful applicants will provide nursing cover in the Medical Centre for a shift pattern of daytime and overnight time which is based on a three-week rota.  We also need some flexibility for occasional extra hours in case of staff illness.  The post is principally term time only and overnight accommodation is provided. 

Benenden offers its own pay structure and benefits.  To apply, please download the application pack below.  Completed applications to Mrs J Card, Head of HR & Compliance, Benenden School, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 4AA by Monday 6 October (9.00am).

The post-holder will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children with whom he/she comes into contact.  He/She must ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times.  This appointment will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks.

Job Description                 Application Letter                      Application Form             Explanatory Notes